CALIWATER SKIN RITUAL
7 DAY CHALLENGE
Authentic, natural glowing skin made simple by the exotic prickly pear cactus fruit.
Beauty editor Anne Bauso of Allure magazine noticed that many of her favorite beauty products contain prickly pear extract, and she wondered if Cactus Water should be added to her skin care ritual. She knew some of the benefits of the prickly pear when applied topically, but she wanted to know what could be gained by drinking Cactus Water regularly. The answer? Hydration, hydration, hydration.
Anne challenged herself to drink CALIWATER Cactus Water every day for a week, and she was over the moon for her results: "dewier, calmer... healthier and more glow-y" skin in just seven days. The anti-oxidants, vitamins, and minerals in Cactus Water delivered the radiance she was searching for.
To experience the same confidence boost that Anne did, read on to find out how to glow from the inside out with the CALIWATER Skin Ritual Challenge.
Skin Ritual 7-Day Challenge:
‣ FIRST UP: Take a selfie before your first sip. Oh, and #nofilter.
‣ NEXT: Drink 11-33 ounces of CALIWATER Cactus Water a day for seven days straight. (This should be in addition to the daily recommended amount of spring or filtered water for your body weight and activity level.) Continue your normal skin care routine and take notice of how staying hydrated enhances your skin's appearance.
‣ HUMBLE BRAG: On the evening of Day 7, take an updated selfie to show off your new, natural glow and post your results on Instagram & Facebook using #CALISKINRITUAL
‣ Read the Allure article for skinspiration. Soon you'll be saying, "I Drank Cactus Water for a Week to Get Better Skin," too.
‣ Got a special date circled on your calendar? Try the CALIWATER Skin Ritual leading up the event; after all, radiant skin goes with everything from Chuck Taylors to Louboutins.
‣ Invite two friends to complete the challenge with you. Order a case of each flavor (Original Wild Prickly Pear, Cactus+Peach, Cactus+Berry) and create CALIWATER sampler packs by swapping containers.
Dermatologists, nutritionists, and dietitians weigh in about the power of the prickly pear and the perks of drinking CALIWATER Cactus Water*:
"Cactus water made from prickly pear cactus has so many health benefits," says dermatologist Judith Hellman. "It's chock-full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that are anti-inflammatories and immune-system boosters."
"Cactus fruits contain high level of amino acids, especially proline, serine, and taurine," says Paula Simpson, a certified nutritionist and biochemist.
Taurine..."helps to reduce free radicals and prevent moisture loss in the skin," Hellman explains. "It also contains betalains, anti-inflammatories that fight cell damage and ward off premature aging." (Inflammation is one of the first signs of aging.)
Harold Lancer, a dermatologist in Beverly Hills: "It's a natural source of electrolytes and minerals. The body requires electrolytes to remain properly hydrated, an important aspect of skin health."
"The deal with cactus water is that it has taurine," says L.A.-based dietitian Shira Lenchewski. "Taurine is an amino acid that is naturally made in the body. It functions as a really powerful antioxidant, so it helps to quench free radicals and [reverse] muscle tissue damage. But then on top of that, it has been shown to improve athletic performance by increasing the body's ability to transport and utilize oxygen (VO2max), and the length of time before exhaustion sets in."
The prickly pear cactus fruit contains 24 of the known betalains (which is double the amount that beets contain, to put it in perspective). These betalains are responsible for beauty benefits like an added glow to the skin and reduced under-eye puffiness.
[Cactus water is] loaded with anti-aging antioxidants.... which revitalize skin for a healthy glow and fight signs of aging.
There [in Mexico], and in South America, the juice extracted from the prickly pear fruit has long been considered a medicinal elixir, said to cure everything from dehydration to muscle tissue damage.
The health benefits [of Cactus Water] were compelling, the taste refreshing....
*CALIWATER is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease or dermatological condition. Individual results may vary. Consult your physician before engaging in any fitness or nutritional program